Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier
The Winix 5500-2 repalces the ever popular 5500 model; designed for medium to large interior spaces and ready to capture dust and pollen.
- Best for dust and pollen.
- For rooms up to 360 sq. ft.
- Available in black
- Manufacturer’s 2-Year Warranty
- Energy Star Certified
HOW IT WORKS
The Winix 5500-2 Air Cleaner replaces the wildly popular 5500-2 model; designed for any home environment and ready to capture dust and pollen. With a tremendous CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) rating from AHAM (Association of Home Appliances Manufacturers), this unit is best used for medium to large living spaces, kitchens, or bedrooms. The Winix 5500-2 uses a 3-Stage Air Cleaning System, featuring a Washable AOC Carbon Filter, 99.97% True HEPA Filter, and Winix PlasmaWave Technology. AHAM Rated for rooms up to 360 sq. ft.
- 3-stage filtration
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, especially formulated to capture mild household odors. The filter also captures large particles like hair, carpet fibers and dust adding life to your filter
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants and allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- PlasmaWave technology breaks apart pollutants at a molecular level without producing harmful ozone
- Air quality sensor provides set-and-forget operation
- ENERGY STAR certified
- Change Filter Alert
- AHAM CADR rating for rooms up to 360 sq. ft.
- Sleep mode: Puts unit at quiet fan speed and dims indicator lights
- Light Sensor- Automatically puts unit at quiet fan speed and dims indicator lights when room is dark
- 4 Fan Speeds (Quiet, Medium, High, Turbo)
There are two separate filters that need to be changed: The True HEPA Filter and the AOC Carbon Filter, both of which will last up to 12 months. The process for changing the filters is simple and requires no tools. These filters should be changed when the Check Filter Indicator is illuminated, approximately once a year with regular use. Simply unplug the air purifier, gently pull the top of the front panel to remove it, and pull out the permanent pre-filter followed by the old filters. Insert new filters (HEPA FIlter in back then AOC Carbon in front) and return the permanent pre-filter and front panel onto the unit (for more specific instructions reference the owner’s manual link below). The Check Filter Indicator can be reset by placing the tip of a paperclip in the RESET hole for a few seconds.
AIR FLOW AND POSITIONING
Place the Winix 5500-2 Air Cleaner on a level surface. The air purifier pulls air in from the sides and sends clean air out from the top. Place the air purifier two feet from walls, furniture, curtains, and other home items that might block the airflow.
WHATS IN THE BOX
- Size: 23.6” high x 15.0” wide x 8 .2” deep
- Weight: 15.4 lbs
Filters and Accessories
- True HEPA Filter
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter
- Remote Control
- User Manual
|Coverage Area||360 sq ft|
|Product Dimensions||23.6" H x 15" W x 8.2" D|
|Product Weight||15.4 lb|
|Particle Removal||99.97% as small as 0.3 microns|
|Air Exchange Rate||5 times per hour|
|Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR)||Smoke- 232 |
|Number of Cleaning Levels||3|
|Cubic Feet per Minute (ea speed)||35.31/70.63/91.82/123.60/240.14 CFM|
|Air Intake Location||Sides|
|Air Outflow Location||Top|
|Lights on/off option?||Yes|
|UV Lamp on/off option?||No|
|Air Quality Sensor?||Yes|
|Air Quality Indicator?||Yes|
|Cable Length||6 ft|
|Plug Type||2 prong (parallel)|
|Power consumption||70 W|
|Power Voltage||120 V|
|Energy Star Certified?||Yes|
|Mesh Pre-Filter with plastic frame||Washable and designed to be used for the of the purifier|
|Washable AOC Carbon Filter||Should be washed every 3 months and replaced every 12 months|
|True HEPA Filter||Lasts up to 12 months|
|Filter Change Indicator Light?||Yes|
|UV Bulb Change Indicator Light?||No|
|Tools Required for Filter Change||None|
Manufacturer’s 2-year limited warranty.